- Donald I. Beard, EA
- has been a Detroit Metro Area resident for fifty years. After working in a number of businesses and non-profit organizations he started Beard Accounting & Tax Service in 1989. After experiencing the need for quality client representation, he passed the tests and was licensed as an Enrolled Agent (EA) in 1992. He founded Beard & Associates in 1999. For nine years, Don was a presenter for the U of M Income Tax Practitioner Institutes, a yearly series of seminars through out the State of Michigan that updated tax practitioners on the changes to the IRS and State of Michigan Tax codes.
- John C. Beard, RTRP
- received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Information Systems in 1990. He has been the head of the technology department in a local business for more than 20 years. He is a part-time preparer, web builder, programmer, computer system designer and installer.
We believe that our combined knowledge and experience will achieve remarkable results for you, our client.
As an ongoing practice, we require all our staff to maintain and improve their knowlege through attending accounting and tax law seminars throughout the year
- I.R.S. Definitions:
- Enrolled Agents (EA)
- like attorneys and certified public accountants (CPAs), have unlimited practice rights. This means they are unrestricted as to which taxpayers they can represent, what types of tax matters they can handle, and before which IRS offices they can represent clients.
- Registered Tax Return Preparer (RTRP)
- unlike attorneys, CPAs, & EAs, have limited practice rights. This means they can only represent a tax return they signed during an examination of that return as stated in the regulations.